Initially, clients meet with us to outline their preferences, expectations and aspirations within the designated budgetary confines, with regard to the design of their house. Many meetings may ensue before an acceptable design is achieved.
Designs depend on several mitigating factors:
- Zoned areas
- Guideline set out by the Local Planning Authorities
- Suitability to the site
- Design must be in keeping with the heights of neighbouring houses
- Soil and Percolation Testing
- Position with regard to natural light
Once a design is agreed upon and is within the Planning Authority’s guidelines, it is then submitted for permission and hopefully acceptance.
Overseeing the Build
If the client requests that we would oversee the build, our brief would be to:
- Oversee that each stage of the build is carried out in accordance to the specifications, building regulations and planning approval.
- Certify for the relevant stage payments for which part of the mortgage may be” drawn down”.
- Issue a Certificate of Compliance on of completion of the build to certify that a satisfactory standard of build has been reached.
- Be available in an advisory capacity to the client should the need arise.
“Building a house was a huge undertaking for me. O’Mahony Engineers and Chartered Surveyors took control from start to finish— from the Planning Application to overseeing the build, to ensuring that the stage payments were at the appropriate times. Indeed, right to the end! The whole undertaking was stress-free and we were well-informed at all times. Thank you so much.“